Crazy Interesting Toilet Facts丨LooLoo
Crazy Interesting and Fascinating Facts About the Toilet and Bathroom
Toilets and using them are a part of everyday life, but how often do you find yourself thinking about toilets with distaste or discomfort? Well, it doesn’t have to be that way!
Take a look at these 25 crazy interesting and fascinating bathroom facts:
- The cleanest toilet in a public restroom is most often the one in the first cubicle.
- There are more germs on a computer keyboard than on a toilet seat. (Approximately 200 times the amount, in fact!)
- Up to 1 billion people go to the bathroom out in the open, thanks to the absence of a proper toilet.
- Afghanistan has more TVs than toilets. Want that broken into percentages? Roughly 90% of the population own TVs, while only 7% have flushing toilets.
- As individuals, people typically use toilets about 2,500 times a year.
- Families and individuals around the world have more mobile phones than toilets.
- Mobile phones carry 18 times the amount of bacteria than most toilet handles. (That’s right, not the toilet itself . . . the handle!)
- Who invented the world’s first flushable toilet is actually still a mystery.
- The Chinese have public toilets for dogs.
- There’s a themed-restaurant in Taiwan that serves food in miniature toilets.
- Try not to get too grossed out by this one: the average cutting board used in a kitchen has 200% more fecal matter on it than a toilet seat.
- The English refer to toilets as “potties” because chamber pots were literal pots from which the contents would be tossed out the window.
- The “s-shaped” piping in a bathroom is constructed to trap the worst of the smell.
- Nearly 20% of people don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom. And only 30% of those who do use soap.
- About one-third of Americans flush the toilet while still sitting on it.
- The average office desk has 400 times the amount of bacteria found on a toilet seat.
- On average, a single flush uses 6 liters of clean water.
- People living in Hawaii used coconut shells before toilet paper was invented.
- If you’re using toilet paper, you’re actually part of a minority. Roughly 70-75% of the world’s population don’t use it.
- The first toilet paper on a roll was manufactured in 1890.
- Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho was the first film to ever include a toilet on screen.
- Ladies, listen up! It’s easier for you to urinate when you squat rather than sit or hover over the toilet seat.
- The first underground sewer was created in Rome around 500 BC.
- The most expensive toilet in the world can be found in the International Space Station—in space. It cost about $19 million.
- Pomegranates stuffed with cloves were used to create the first ever toilet air freshener.
Want to know another interesting toilet fact?
At Looloo, we’re all about freshening up your bathroom and keeping it easy and simple for you to do. Our starter kit is just what you’ll need to get a feel for what we can do for your bathroom. We even have an on-the-go travel kit, because once you’ve experienced what Looloo can do for you, you’ll want to take us everywhere you go!
Buy your own Looloo fully automated toilet freshener today and never fret over how your bathroom smells again.